Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Dead Musicians

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead Musicians

    Jim Croce

    Hank Williams

    Elvis Presley

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead Musicians

    Glad to know that there are other Croce fans on her. He is my all-time fav. Any man that can go downstairs after a fight with his wife, have thoughts running through his head, and in a mere 5 minutes write a song like "I'll Have To Say I Love You" is something special. Buddy Holly would be next. So many smash songs unwritten because of his untimely death.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead Musicians

    Ronnie VanZant. What a talent he was. Who else wrote a song just minutes before going on stage and getting a major label contract from that song. Then there was freebird and Sweet Home Alabama and so many more. Personally I loved the way he had with words.

    If you listened to alot of his music you could hear him telling you that he was going to leave us at an early age. He even told the band that he would die in an airplane accident (while they were in Japan).

    Little brother Johnny has done a good job after Ronnies death but I feel that the remaining core of the band needed Ronnies leadership.

    Still I must agree to the many talented artist whom have left us way too early, Elvis, Holly, Croce and so many more.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Dead Musicians

    On that topic or close, I have an ultimate guitar mag, where it chronicled the recording of Nirvana's nevermind, you wouldnt believe the stuff behind some of those songs. "I start this off without words...." you know why!He had no words for the song!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead Musicians

    I have a Guitar World with every interview he ever did with him in it, some of the stuff thats in there is unbelieveable. Alot of the songs they never finished that are incomplete in the With the Lights Out box set are great too.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead Musicians

    Syd Barret too, I figured some of the Floyd fans wouldve mentioned him.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead Musicians

    Eric Carr...God rest his soul
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member soccer_dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead Musicians

    Hendrix...I would love to be able to hear all of the crazy stuff he would come up with.
    Cobain would be next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •